Many people in Iowa are facing tough choices. How they will pay for their current bills while they are dealing with increasing debt. How divorce will affect them physically, financially and emotionally. How to plan for their families after they are gone. How buying or selling a house or property will affect their taxes.
Peters & Longmuir, PLC can help you face these tough choices. You will sit down with James T. Peters and discuss what your current problems are, as well as where you would like to be in a year or two. We don’t just handle your case; we also help you plan for your future.
Independence, Iowa, Business Bankruptcy Attorney
Our lawyer handles following legal issues:
- Family law – We handle contested and uncontested divorces, involving child custody and visitation, child support, alimony and division of property and assets. We can petition for a modification of court orders or help you adopt a child. We also handle issues of paternity and domestic violence.
- Bankruptcy — We help people file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, help people plan for bankruptcy and deal with divorce and bankruptcy. We provide foreclosure defense, handle short sales and investigate alternatives to bankruptcy. We stop wage garnishment and repossession. We handle corrections for credit report errors, deal with tax liens and delinquent tax problems. Please download our bankruptcy form before your free initial consultation.
- Estate planning — We help plan for your future, and for the future of your heirs with wills, trusts and other estate planning tools. We handle matters of business and succession. We help families who have lost a loved one probate his or her estate.
- Real estate — We do closings for business and residential transactions. We work with buyers, sellers, lenders, banks and municipalities. We handle agricultural and business leases. We evaluate the tax implications of a sale. We handle USDA loans and many other types of loans.
- General practice — We assist people with workers’ compensation claims and filing for Social Security Disability. We do tax preparations and general litigation.
Contact Peters & Longmuir, PLC
To schedule your free initial consultation with Buchanan County consumer bankruptcy attorney James T. Peters, please call us at 319-332-2003 or send us an email. We are available for appointments during our normal office hours of 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and we stay open late on Thursday evenings and offer appointments on Saturdays to accommodate your busy schedule. We accept credit cards and various approved legal plans.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.