Legal Assistance For Every Stage Of Your Life
At Peters & Longmuir, PLC, we support you through complex legal matters to help you plan for your future.
Buchanan County Law Attorneys
At Peters & Longmuir, PLC, we have a talented team, led by James T. Peters and R.J. Longmuir, waiting to advise you on these difficult issues from our offices in Independence and Vinton. Together they have 40+ years of experience. Their skills and experiences in helping people through difficult times is seen in the number of referrals we receive from former clients. They will guide you through the legal process, helping you establish and meet your goals.
Going The Extra Mile For You
When you come in to meet with us, we will sit down together and discuss why you are here and what you think you need from a lawyer. We will talk about what you want from your case, as well as where you want to be a year or two from now. We don’t just handle your case; we help you plan for your future.
Experienced Support In A Wide Range Of Practice Areas
- Family law – Contested and uncontested divorce, child custody and visitation, child support, division of property and assets, alimony, adoption, paternity, modifications of court orders and domestic violence
- Bankruptcy — Chapter 7 bankruptcy, bankruptcy planning, alternatives to bankruptcy, handling bankruptcy and divorce, mortgage foreclosure defense, short sales, corrections for credit report errors, addressing tax liens and delinquent tax problems
- Estate planning and probate — Wills, trusts, probating a will, estate administration, business planning, and succession and estate planning for blended families
- Real estate — Residential and business transactions, closings, tax planning, 1031 exchanges, USDA loans, work for municipalities and agricultural leases
- General practice — Tax preparation, workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and general litigation
Contact Peters & Longmuir, PLC
To schedule your free initial consultation with James T. Peters, please call us at 319-334-9992 or send us an email. We are available for appointments during our normal office hours of 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and we stay open late on Thursday evenings and offer appointments on Saturdays to accommodate your busy schedule. We accept credit cards and various approved legal plans.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.